Solar street lights are relatively easy to install. One only needs the common handy tools to assemble them. However, when working on bigger projects, technical assistance or onsite training would be required. These need multiple installations to be completed. For such a situation, it is recommended to hire technicians who have expertise in installation of solar street lights.
Things that You Need for the Installation of Solar Street Lights
Before moving onto the installation process, let’s look at the vital tools that are needed to get the job done.
- Inner Hexagon and Monkey Wrench
- 20 M Start-up Hoist
Steps to Follow
- Ensure that the construction site is surrounded by guard lines. Only the technicians should be allowed to enter the construction site.
- Familiarize yourself with the installation procedure by reading the manual. Understand all the safety measures and how the circuit diagrams work.
- Check to ensure that you have all of the important parts.
- Solar Panel, Light Fixture, Lamp Pole
- Solar Bracket (Kickstand), Access Panel, Battery and the Battery Box
- Basis Cage, Flange, Controller
Start by Installing the Foundation
The first thing which one needs to do is install the foundation. In order to do so, you would need to choose a flat ground that does not have any inclination. Secure and screw the Basis Cage to the flat ground using 4 of the screws. The Basis Cage needs to have one of its side parallel towards the edge of the road. Use concrete to secure it as it will act as the foundation.
Install the Battery and Battery Box
Next, you need to place the batter right beside the Basis Cage at about 550 mm underground. Use the electrical circuit diagram to find out how the battery will be placed.
Setup the Solar Street Light
This part of procedures involves various subsections.
- Have the lamp pole lifted off the ground to about a meter, by using the supporting bench to help.
- The Solar Bracket needs to be secured and installed right at the top part of the pole. Have the Solar Panel placed onto the Solar Bracket and get it secured using bolts. You need to be careful when handling Solar Panels. Once again, it is advised to follow the electrical circuit diagram.
- Next, the light fixture needs to be installed onto the lamp pole. There are red buttons on both of the sides of the Light Fixture and they need to be pressed to turn it around. Finally, screw the lamp holder.
- Ensure that both the connection and installation are in perfect place. Check the components and wires to make sure that are well-connected.
- Have the lamp pole erected using a crane. The lamp pole needs to be upright.
- Lastly, have the controller placed inside of the lamp pole using the correct wires. Now, all you need to do is check if the solar street light is working perfectly or not.